Do not conform to the ways of this world but transform your mind by renewal of the soul.
Today we went to the village of Toscoa, it was incredible! We had over fifty hearing kids and 7 deaf. They loved hitting Ian, Shane, and Ethan with the balls and of course we played a lot of soccer. They understood the skits and laughed a lot. Kyle did an amazing job teaching them "los Diez Mandamientos" and had them all memorized and learned before they left! It was really awesome to watch them pay such close attention and be so eager to learn. Tomorrow we have one more village, and I'm excited to get to do it all over again! Thursday we're going to the special needs school and I haven't been able to keep my mind off that. I'm so so so incredibly excited- my heart is SO already there!
The people here are so amazing- the parents invite us in with huge hugs and the kids are so excited to play and are so grateful for the small things we give them- a coloring sheet, two crayons, and a pipe cleaner. The things they make the most are crosses, "corazones," and "estrellas." I'm having a blast, but I'm missing home. The last day will definitely be bittersweet. I wish deaf camp would be here already! But I'm enjoying the time to learn more sign language before I get there. Thanks for the continuous prayers everybody! God is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment